Wednesday, March 26, 2008

As Midwest as Urban Decay

One of many shitty photos of pandas I took in San Francisco, thanks a lot technology!

Back from California last night and discovered that not only had all of the snow from Chicago's abrupt and not-so-mysterious blizzard of last Friday melted, but also, that in spite of being drunk for four days in a row I could still go out for a few beers at the Green Eye. An even better discovery was made while still in San Francisco yesterday morning, when, my friend and partner in nepotistic notions, Alex called me and congratulated me on being selected as one of two male bloggers selected to write about being a dude, single and, presumably, awesome for the Tyra Banks Show's website. I'm really not sure what to expect at all, except I feel as though this whole situation has the possibility of hilarity. In any case, I'm getting a digital video camera I can take out and horse around with.

As for the rest of California it was fantastic. Easter was spent at Santa Monica Beach and at the dinner table with six great friends. [Shitty Metaphor Alert -Ed.] San Francisco was clear at first but became as hazy and confusing as a bank of fog rolling off the Pacific. And I honestly can hardly remember the experience except that I enjoyed it and found myself in a Chinatown Dollar Store at 6 pm PST taking pictures of stuffed animal pandas kissing and then picture messaging them to friends. Jesus, who the fuck am I? Peter King on acid? In any case, I ended up loving my visit to California and walked away from O'Hare with the same feeling I get after returning from NYC: It's great to visit, but to live there? No thanks.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Tyra BANKS!!!!!!! Oh man i love that show!!!! my thighs are fat and i love it!!!!!