Friday, January 18, 2008

The Cloverfield Post

I went to see Cloverfield last night at the midnight showing and if you like Monster Movies, like I do, than you'll probably realize that this film is really great. If you don't like Monster flicks you'll probably leave the theatre scratching your head and saying, "What's all the fuss about?" Plenty of critics will be praising the director for incorporating so many 9/11 allegories, fear of technology et cetera into the plot, however, for me it's simply a very satisfactory film that takes a tired genre and introduces a lot of very cool new twists to it. Now I'm not going to sit here and type away every single spoiler to the film,Minor Spoiler Alert but, if you know my taste in movies, you know I love it when the good guy does not win in the end and Cloverfield definitely did not disappoint in that regard. The monster that rampages through lower Manhattan, and presumably all of New York, is a real freak and I'm very curious to hear the backstory (if any) on the origins of it, that being said there are some very gratuitous and crappy looking close up shots of the monster that kinda made me want to laugh out loud. Go see it, and I hope you'll enjoy it.

No comments: