Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Weekend in Milwaukee

I had a bike-tacular weekend in Chicago and Milwaukee. It started on Friday afternoon when a friend convinced me to ride Chicago's Critical Mass with him. I looked at my schedule for Friday evening/night and realized my date with Sienna Miller wasn't til next Friday so I said sure. The only problem with agreeing to doing the "CritMass" was that I knew there were going to be hippies. Hippies who use terms like, "CritMass" and "Harshing my buzz," or such nonsense. After thoroughly covering myself in Hippy-Be-Gone and investing in a six pack of Stroh's my pal Paul and I were ready to rock. We headed southeast towards the Loop and away from the safety of our home base, Logan's Square. We joined up with the biking throng and headed south and west, our destination was the famous Spindle, which is a piece of public art in the middle of a parking lot in a strip mall. The only reason I say it's famous is because it was prominently featured in the "Bohemian Rhapsody" scene in Wayne's World and for the two or three readers to this blog, I'm rather certain you'll know what I'm talking about. Here's a picture if you'd like...




In any case after riding all the way out to the southwest 'burbs and singing a "stirring" Queen medley, Paul and I stopped at Popeye's Chicken on the way home and went to some weird parking lot party where I chatted up a girl from Portland, OR who was wearing some throwback Reebok Pumps, I'm pretty sure they were the 1991 Niques and they were Boss HAWG! After the party I was pretty pooped so I went home and fell asleep. I'll get to the part about Milwaukee at a later time. The highlights were hoping to see a big crash in this boring-ass bike race and stopping at a Woodman's on the way home to buy some beer that's not available in Chicago.

1 comment:

BellaFrench said...

So. New post? You promised. Holla.