Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Avast! It be Midweek Updates!

Ahoy mateys, here be a pile of information and links to quell your mutinous notions!


Professor, what's another word for pirate treasure? "Why I think it's booty."


*Yarr! It be International Talk Like a Pirate Day! Hoist the mizzen mast, et cetera, et cetera.

*This morning I was riding my trusty bike along California Avenue just north of the Cali. blue line stop, when I saw a fellow biker get crushed by a truck! A rather confused and frightened group of pedestrians and commuters all stopped to make sure the rider was okay and he was decidely not okay. It looked like his leg was at least very severly sprained if not broken. EMTs and police rushed to scene and started gathering facts. I hope he's okay and for any readers out there who ride bikes, be careful.

*And if you think city life is fraught with peril and danger around every street corner read about this poor guy who had his arm bit off by an alligator in South Carolina. (Bella and Prof, I expect you guys to already know about this) Here's the macabre photo gallery.


"I guess you could say, I disarmed him." The gator chuckled to himself.!

3 comments:

Paul said...

hooray for sexy pirate lady..... i'm sure there are plenty sexy pirate lady joke to go along with this post but i'll keep it clean.. and i'm not funny

Drew said...

I had no idea about Talk Like a Pirate Day! And here I'm 2 days late so I guess a piratey post would be as tacky as white shoes after labor day.

And cheers for bike safety! Share the Road. And buy clothes from Hincapie Sportswear.

Tony Ritz said...

Drew did you read the cautionary news tale of the fellar from SC who had his arm bit off?