Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Midweek Updates

Hope everyone had a great Christmas with tons of cheer. I, for one, had a sweet and sour Christmas; on the sweet side I went to my uncle's house in south-central Ohio and shot some guns and bows and ate a ton of turkey and ham. On the sour side I hung out with my dad's girlfriend's family on Christmas Eve and that's always capital A-wkward. In any case the staff and I have compiled some fun links-holiday related and otherwise.


Air Force Ones Turn 25
The signature shoes of the NBA, street-culture and hip hop turn 25 this week, and, yes, they're still fresh as hell.

Evidence A in the State's defense of AF1s continuing "Freshosity": Charles Barkley's Throwback Edition


How Many?
I saw this over at the Big Lead originally and it is too much fun to pass up. Click on the link and find out how many five year olds you could take at once. I got to 28 and I'm sure that there are at least a few readers out there with even fewer moral qualms than me...

Tiger Attack!
I guarantee you however many five year olds this whole website and the readers could take down, one tiger could easily treble that effort. As I was reading the story I found myself hoping, well, expecting the two victims to have opened the tiger cage and tried tickling it with a feather, alas that was not the case.

New Year's Eve Plans?
What's everybody doing? I'll be nestled in my cozy bed with some netflixxed episodes of Gilmore Girls by around quarter 'til ten, but leave your New Year's Eve plans in the comments.

4 comments:

Gregg said...

The site said I could only take 24 five-year-olds. Seems a bit arbitrary, I'm around five-year-olds all day long at work and i know I could take more than that.

Tony Ritz said...

Maybe not so arbitrary. You don't have a competitive bone in your body!

Paul said...

now that's a banner I can relate to. Hookem

Eric said...

I can also take 28, apparently. I find that questionable. I would back myself into a corner so they can only come from one direction and then tear them apart, limb-from-limb, until there are no more to kill. I deserve a score of infinity.