Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Cubs Still Suck!

My sincerest regrets to friends Noelle, Paul & Paul, you guys are great fans of baseball and it's not really your fault that you're stuck cheering for the Cubs. That being said, I'm soooo happy that the Cubs have been swept out of the playoffs. In 2003 I was living with one of the most troglodytic and sloven individuals I've ever met, who also happened to be a Cubs fan, and as we all know the Cubs made it to the NLCS and we're, like, 5 outs from winning the Super Bowl of baseball or something. In any case, Lord Supreme Jackass roommate got really upset after the Cubs lost the Super Bowl to the Florida Marlins and threw the television set thru a brick wall and then ate one of our other roommates. Since moving to Chicago I've had no good interactions with Cubs fans. As near as I can tell they're all drunker than the Irish and don't even care about baseball, which, I'm fine with, I don't care about baseball either. The difference is that I don't also act like a douche bag [Ed Note: Careful, Tony Ritz, Caaareful.] and order "five more Coors for me and my rad bros!" Fuck the Cubs fans. That's what I'm saying.

"Scotch? Not tonight, Gunga Din. Please just pour me a glass of warm milk, I'm going to retire to my library for the evening and read about the Vandals and Visigoths."


Suddenlystruttin Salutes...

"Tell me where the Uncanny X-Men #24 is!"

Tom Katers, who spent the past 24 hours doing a podcast for his omniscient comic blog/podcast Around Comics. Sir, I salute you! You can go all "Jack Bauer" with a 24 hour span of time and save the world or you can go all "Tom" and talk about comics for 24 hours. Good work.

3 comments:

Paul said...

I really don't know what to say here. the fact you took delight at the loss just seems mean spirited..... please tony........... please

Tony Ritz said...

The fans are awful. And I do feel bad for you-kinda.

npontarelli said...

Dear Mr. Schadenfreude:

Our tradition of occasionally watching sporting events together is officially over.

xo
N.

P.S. Wanna watch the Badgers on Saturday?