Friday, October 26, 2007

Halloweekend Preview!



Sorry about the lack of postings this week, real life was calling non-stop all week and I wasn't even in Chicago, nope, I was in Ohio with a painfully slow wifi signal to deal with. Next week should be a return to normal with plenty of "hilarious" stories and irreverent sports writing. If you haven't already, please, take a look at my team preview on hoopsblogging .

Well, Halloweekend is upon us all once again, and with that comes the inevitable slutty outfits of normally modest, church going young women ...cough...yeah, right...cough...

"I feel like eating in tonight."

More importantly? well, pertaining to college football at least, Halloweekend typically affords the cream to rise, and even in this season's, generously described, "down" Big Ten Conference there are a number of important games.

Indiana vs. Wisconsin, noon EST, Big Ten Network. Kellen Lewis and James Hardy should thrash UW's beleaguered secondary. The real question will be, whether or not IU's defense can slow down PJ Hill. I doubt it. Wisconsin with the win holds out slim hope for a New Year's Day bowl invite and the Hoosiers need to wait another week for a crack at six wins and bowl eligibility. Indiana 17 Wisconsin 27

Michigan State vs. Iowa, noon, ESPN2 The Hawkeyes have been showing some vague signs of life the past few weeks and their defense has been "goodish" all year long. MSU's offense is most impressive and viewers have got a good chance at witnessing Javon Ringer pop off another 100 yard day. Iowa's offense will be forced to keep up with Michigan State, not a good proposition.
Michigan St. 31 Iowa 21

Minnesota vs Michigan, 3:30 ESPN Classic, really? Two years ago Minnesota, incredibly, beat Michigan at the Big House in Ann Arbor. Suffice it to say, that's an impossibility this time around. Upon saying that I fully expect karma to kick my idiot ass and have the Gophers "shock" the Wolverines.
Minnesota 13 Michigan 27

Ohio State vs. Penn State, 8:00, ABC Morelli sucks too much and the Buckeyes' defense is well-nigh impregnable. Two years ago in a slightly different scenario (Michael Robinson in lieu of Anthony Morelli) the Nittany Lions defensive line wreaked havoc in OSU's backfield all night. Not happening this time, sorry Rudy.
Ohio State 31 Penn State 13

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you overestimate both teams ability to score in this game.

I see more of a 13-10, 10-7, or 16-3 type of game goin on.

And I still like PSU's chances - worse PSU teams have almost taken down better OSU teams (like 2004, with the absolute worst call ever - Hartsock's "catch").

Morelli may not be Robinson, but Broeckman (or whatever his name is) is not Troy Smith either.

Tony Ritz said...

Rudy, please continue, I believe you were saying something funny...

Anonymous said...

Weren't both of these teams supposed to have "national championship caliber defenses" ???

Sure didn't look like it (neither defense impressed me much).

S'allright - you still owe me 2 pitchers of beer at Christmas.

Tony Ritz said...

I'll be in Columbus for Christmas...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I realized that after I submitted my comment...

Son of a...