Wednesday, October 03, 2007

What Is This "Baseball" You Speak Of?

You were expecting, maybe, a picture of Jason Giambi?


Around the corner from my apartment, right on California Avenue is a gigantic billboard poster for TBS announcing that, "The Playoffs Are the Tits!" or something like that. What's funny is that of the four players featured on the ad two of them are on teams that aren't even in the Playoffs. Yep, both the Braves and the Mets missed out on the post-season, so, I'm assuming somebody got fired for this SNAFU. Granted, nobody could've seen the Mets NOT making the playoffs when these posters were ordered, but the Braves? In any case, baseball will be on the fringe of my consciousness for a few more weeks. I guess, "Go Indians!" or wait, "Go Cubs?" "Go Both Teams?"

*Yes, I realize this post would've had a lot more zest and "synergy" had I actually snapped a photo of the offending advertisement, but I was tired and I do not own a digital camera. Also, I don't care about baseball and neither should you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no series previews?

Paul said...

dude don't tell me not to care about baseball. Who do you think you are Nancy Regan?

Anonymous said...

No pic of the offending ad? For shame... your cell phone does have a camera, does it not?

Tony Ritz said...

My cell does have a camera BUT the bluetooth isn't compatible with my mac's bluetooth.

Drew said...

who doesn't own a digital camera? umm hello 2007 called and wants you to get with the program.

Tony Ritz said...

I've had two different digicams and both were stolen at parties at my house. So it's stop buying cameras or stop throwing parties: You make the call.

Tony Ritz said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing nice khakis. I think the one or two women who occasionally peruse this blog officially removed it from their bookmarks page. Nice work, ass.

Drew said...

omg! nice khakis, doesnt sound like your khakis will stay too nice after the coke trip. keep it in your pants please. tony, i am saddened by your camera losses.