Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sports Thursday: Baseball and NBA edition

This weekend's Big Ten schedule is looking weaker than normal, so, while I'm steeling myself for another ardurous weekend of crappy football watching, please amuse yourself with these other sports related links:

Baseball

I don't care about baseball but I feel compelled to at least mention the playoffs, seeing as, 1) The Cleveland Indians are still in it, and, I, apparently have some vested interest in their success because I'm from northern Ohio. 2)The Indians have already disposed of one half of the The Great New England Douchebag Fan Base simply by defeating the Yankees. Now they can pull off the sweep by eliminating the Boston Red Sox. With that in mind here is some artwork I made:


Yeah, I just found out about LOL" " so, yeah, expect a lot of these over the next few weeks.


Apparently, there is an entire other "league" in baseball known as the "National League" and they also have baseball playoffs going on right now. Crazy, I know. Evidently, the winners of the "National League" and the American League compete in something called the "World's Bowl" or something.

NBA News and Notes

Baron Davis, aka: Boom Diddy, aka: iBoom, aka: Sir Lay PipesAlot. has a blog! Nothing ground breaking, it's just fairly humorous and et cetera.

Okay, that's it for now. I'm trying to get up the gumption to "analyze" the Big Ten this weekend.

1 comment:

Nick Loucks said...

Nice site..

One thing, I know you're from the midwest and anyone East of Pittsburgh might be considered "New Englanders".

But Yankee fans do NOT want to be lumped in with Red Sox fans at any point of our lives. We consider ourselves a little more grounded in reality, a little more polished, a little more ... I don't know... HUMAN.

I know, it's hard to believe, but you're going to have to trust me.

Best of luck to "your" Indians vs the dreaded Red Sox.